March

Slide show

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

And yet another Goodbye....


I came home from St. George just over a week ago and thought my goodbyes has ended when I left the land of the red rocks... I was very wrong. My best friend up here in Northern Utah (Kayce) has been in the military since she was 17. She went on to become a Blackhawk helicopter pilot and was just deployed to Iraq after being home from Kuwait just about 8 months. This is her 4th deployment to the middle East. I was so excited to tell her that I was finally coming home and we could spend a lot of time at the lake house getting to know each other again after her year-long deployment and my 2 year excursion to St. George. Boy did she have news for me. I about fell over when she said that she was going back over-seas. This time is a LOT harder, it's scary knowing where she'll be and what she'll be doing. It seems "more real" and more scary than last time. This is where the real war seems to be going on.
She made sure she took us over to her "aircraft" and showed us all around and let us get in and look around. Kayce, you're amazing, that's all I can say!! How you can remember and keep track of everything you're looking at while keeping that thing in the air.... WOW!! She seemed to be pretty calm and was her happy normal self, smiling, laughing and joking with everybody that came to see her off. I've seen her a hundred times in her BDU's but this time seemed so different, so weird. I don't know if it was because I was still on a fog from being home only one day, or if it was that I was just trying to soak up every second I had with her that day. I couldn't take enough pictures, I couldn't get enough of her laugh, I couldn't not watch her every move and take it all in.

It was crazy watching her get ready and finally get in...it really started to sink in for me, and man did the tears fall. I know Kayce, I said I wasn't gonna cry... too bad! :) But I want you to know Kayce, how proud I am of you and your decision to go back over there again on our behalf.

It was so cool to see her getting ready and talking with her guys as they made sure everything was ready and good to go. I watched her every move. I know how much she loves flying, but the picture that I love the most is....
Tell me she doesn't love her job!!! Look at her smile. This is the picture that I will ALWAYS remember... She LOVES her job, and that smile proves that!! Those guys she flies with couldn't have a better pilot than Kayce. They are lucky to have her on their side! Not long after this picture was taken she was gone again...another year, another round of holidays she'd be missing, another deployment overseas to keep us safe here at home! If you read this, please keep those people overseas in your prayers. They do this for us! I love you CW2 Lowry.. Please fly safe :) I love ya, and we have a snowboarding trip planned for 2010 at Bear Lake, so get back here safe and fast!!











































No comments:

Post a Comment